Hello fellow quilters! Are you keeping cool? I don’t really know what a heat index is, but I don’t like it. Perspiring is not lady-like. Southern Ladies say we are glistening. Well my glistening makes pulling up or down my bloomers a major ordeal. Every stitch of clothing sticks to my skin. I look like I just stepped out of the shower (not the greatest look in my book). Hopefully you have something to keep yourself cool until the humidity decides to give us a break.
Dee, Dorrie and I just returned from a Checker Distributor’s Open House in Maumee, OH. Checkers is one of the quilting business’s largest product distributors. We attended four workshops and were introduced to over 20 venders showing their latest products. Needless to say we brought some of everything home.
· Purple, Pink and Blue pop-top carry-all cases to store rotary cutter, markers, chalk pencils, seam ripper, etc.
· Glow-Line Tape: Transparent fluorescent tape us to highlight the lines on your ruler that are so helpful when you have to cut 344 2” strips.
· Rainbow colored stork scissors just jumped in the cart.
· Machine Embroidery was one of the hottest products represented by the vendors. We picked up two design projects by Sealed With A Stitch for the machine embroidery enthusiast. One is Enchanted Christmas and the other one is various sewing motifs. We do not carry the embroidery sewing machines, but these designs were affordable, cute and hopefully something that will benefit our customers.
· It feels like we now have a shrine to Marti Michelle. Dee made the Stonehenge Quilt BOM designed by Marti Michelle and has become Marti’s greatest fan.
o For those who have collected the Bali Pops or other manufacturer’s 2 ½” wide strips WOF (width of fabric) fabric lines, Marti has designed 3 templates for cutting 7 shapes out of the 2 ½” strips. This template is entitled 2 ½” Strippers and from these shapes you can make Grandmother’s Flower Garden, Thousand Pyramids, Spider Web, 6-pointed Star, I Spy, Tumbling blocks, Le Moyne Star, Chevron border, etc. OMG
o Deluxe Corner Trimmer and Hand Piecing Aid: use to trim off the “dog ears” that result when making triangles; mark the dot where 2 seams cross, as needed, for hand or machine piecing; sew pieces together that actually fit together perfectly.
o My Favorite Hexagon Ruler: use this product to rotary cut perfect hexagons from strips and fussy-cut the largest size (6 sizes of hexagons 2 to 4 ½ finished sides).
o The Perfect Patchwork System Volume 1: is an encyclopedia of patchwork blocks made from Perfect Patchwork Templates Sets A and B.
o Two of Marti’s books one on using her log cabin ruler and the other is a technique to quilt as you go.
10W LED Desk Lamp. Tri-Color Technology gives you 3 color spectrums. With a touch of a button switch between warm, natural and cool light. 5-Level Stage Dimming Capabilities. The flex arm allows you to get light exactly where you need it. The LED light produces very little heat making it safe and comfortable. No Ultra Violet Light. 50,000 hour lamp life. No Bulb replacements. Comes with AC Adapter and User Manual. Color: White or Black
· Retail $220.00 offer $190.00
· Please signup before end of August. We will order them for delivery the first week of September.
Last chance to order your Central Illinois Shop Hop Strippers Gone Wild Tie-dyed T-shirt. We are submitting the Order Saturday 8-31-2013. The Shop Hop is October 11th & 12th and 18th & 19th.
I can’t believe I forgot to tell you all about our puzzle display. I love to sit and put puzzles together. They make a great gift and are great for those “I’m bored” moments. There are puzzles with quilting themes of course and several seasonal themes, like fall and Christmas scenes. Also, we have two sizes of mats that allow you to roll your puzzle up and not lose all of your hard work, as well as glue to fuse your finished project for displaying.
Finally, I have run out of things to say. Hope I did not bend your ear too hard. There is a new air conditioner in the store so drop by for some cooler air and let’s design your next quilt project.
This is Perky Cow Pattie waving goodbye with swishing of my tail!