Hello Fellow Quilters,
How is everyone today? Feeling okay and being upright are all we can expect some days. Beat the heat by staying inside in front of a fan and/ or air conditioner sewing. Putting the hand sewing on bindings gets a little too warm for me this time of year. I have not found an acceptable way to attach the entire binding by machine so I use the folding TV tray to hold the bulk of the quilt up to allow for air circulation.
Several quilters have asked us about Chevron fabric. Today we have four color ways: black & white chevrons, red & white chevrons; multi-color brights and multi-color pastel chevrons. They are really cute!
Since we are all so creative and make things from all sorts of media we have a new pattern called “Knit, Purl, and Roll”. This will organize all of your knitting needles in one handy holder. As always make one for yourself and then one for each of your knitting friends. Pattern has three sizes.
· August 10, 2013 Underground Railroad Sampler Block #5. 11AM.
· August 12, 2013 General’s Wives block of the month continues
· Wednesday August 21, 2013 starting at 10:00 AM Farmland Quilting is presenting a demonstration and workshop during the Jersey Gals Day Guild. The class supply list is now available in the store. Please come by and sign up for this No Workshop Fee session, only cost is the pattern and stabilizer.
· August 26 Holstein Day Group meets the 4th Monday at 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
· August 27 Night Holstein meets the 4th Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
· Mystery Bus Shop Hop October 4, 5, & 6. Cost ($229 or $210 for guild members) includes transportation, food and lodging. $50.00 deposit by August 22 will hold your seat. Come and join the group --- there will be bus prizes and surprises. CALL 217-245-9190 to reserve your seat. There are three confirmed hoppers!.
· Commuters Retreat Monday – Thursday September 9-12 8AM to 8PM. The event is in the classroom at the shop. Bring your sewing machine and projects on Monday -- Leave in the evening - come back the next day. The cost of this will be $27.50 per day. Limit is 12 people. We will have pastries for breakfast with lunch and supper catered in. You can start at 8 a.m. and sew until 8 p.m. each day. Please let us know as soon as possible, if you want to come. A $27.50 deposit to hold your seat. There will be projects available with Demo's. We will accommodate people who can only come a few days.
This is all for now, stay happy and keep on stitching! The Herd at The Quilted Cow Emporium.