· Are you ready for some rain? Five day forecast is rain everyday. Sounds like perfect weather for sewing! Stop by the shop and look at our kits and fabric. I know there will be something that suits your fancy!
Listed below are our events that you don't want to miss! At the end is a May and June listing of events at the shop.
Bus Trip --- JUNE 21 & 22 --- COST IS $199 - WHICH INCLUDES THE TRANSPORTATION, FOOD AND LODGING. $50.00 deposit by May 30th will hold your seat.
HERE ARE THE SHOPS :
QUILTERS HARVEST - HIGGINSVILLE, MO
STOVER QUALITY QUILTING, STOVER, MO
SPECIALTY QUILTS & FABRICS, JEFFERSON CITY, MO
THE VILLAGE STITCHERY, OBLONG, IL
THREADS OF TIME, DANVILLE, IL
THE QUILTED COW, JACKSONVILLE, IL
A TO 1 QUILTING, QUINCY, IL
$50 IS NEEDED TO HOLD YOUR SEAT. DEPOSIT RETURNED IF SHOP NOTIFIED BY MAY 15. THE FEE OF $199 IS FOR DOUBLE OCCUPANCY.
PRIVATE ROOMS IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE. WITH THIS SET UP WE WILL HAVE LOTS OF TIME TO SHOP AT THE EACH STORE.
COME AND JOIN THE GROUP --- THERE WILL BE BUS PRIZES AND SURPRISES. CALL 217-245-9190 TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT.
· A Commuter Retreat is planned for --- May 20, 21, 22, and 23 ---Monday thur Thursday. We will have it at the shop. Bring your sewing machine and projects on Monday -- Leave in the evening - come back the next day. The cost of this will be $27.50 per day. Limit is 12 people.
We will have pastries for breakfast with lunch and supper catered in. You can start at 8 a.m. and sew until 8 p.m. each day. Please let us know as soon as possible, if you want to come. A $27.50 deposit to hold your seat. We will refund deposit, if cancelled before May 6th. There will be projects available with Demo's. We will try to accommodate people who can only come a few days.
· Jersey Gals Quilt Guild will meet on May 15 at 10 a.m. Meeting starts at 10 a.m. This month is a sewing day. Nancy Frye is bringing fabric for us to sew children charity quilts. Bring in your sewing machine and join us. Bring in a dish/dessert to share for lunch.
· “A Year to Crow About” Block of the Month 2nd Block will be ready May 8th -- (Bev is on vacation the first week of May, that’s why meeting changed to second week). If you want to sew here - sewing on the project will start at 10:30 a.m. -- If you are sewing at home, pick up your block anytime on or after May 8th.
· Block of the Months --- We have a few on-going --- Buck-A-Block --- Stonehenge Sampler-- Mystery Quilt Club – Second Saturday Underground Railroad Sampler.
· General Wives BOM --- we will be running this BOM again for those who missed it the first time. We are setting up this block to be available on the 2nd Monday of the month starting on May 13th. People can sew here that day starting at 10:30 a.m. The sample is hanging in the shop. Please call and sign up so we get the kits ready.
· Moooo, Hooooo! A new Club!! It's the Cow Girls Roundup. All are welcome. Meeting day will be the 1st Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. We will meet in the sewing room at the Quilted Cow. Bring your "COW'S" (COMPLETING ONGOING WORKS). TOGETHER WE WILL PLAN FOR THE NEXT MONTH'S PROJECT (S). BRING YOU LUNCH, A DRINK AND SOMETHING TO SNACK ON (OPTIONAL).
COME CHEW YOUR "CUD"WITH US AT THE FIRST OFFICIAL -- MAY 4TH AT 11 A.M WE'LL LEAVE THE BARN DOOR OPEN FOR 'YA.
Block of the Month Going to Start Soon --- “Toes in the Sand” - Starting on Friday June 28th- This is a great quilt to work on during the summer and you don’t need sunscreen or bug spray!
May 4 Saturday “Cow Girls Roundup” Free Sewing time for your already started projects.
May 8 - Sew time for “A Year To Crow About” - BOM - 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
May 8 - Mystery Club - 1 p.m until 3:30 p.m.
May 11 - Second Saturday BOM Underground Railroad - 11 a.m.
May 13 – “Generals’ Wives BOM” – block is ready for pickup and you may stay to sew starting 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
May 14 - Project Vinyl Tote Bag -- 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
May 15 - Jersey Gals Quilt Guild Mtg - 10 a.m. until 3:30 - working on a children’s quilt project. Please bring your sewing machines, covered dish and enjoy sewing with the group.
May 18 - Class on Binding Quilts – demonstration from 10:30 a.m. until 1 p.m.
May 20 - 23 - Commuter's Retreat. Only seating for 12 people.
May 27 - Holstein Day Club– 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
May 28 - Holstein Night Club - 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
June 1st Cow Girl Roundup Free Sewing time for your already started projects.
June 5th - Mystery Club 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
June 5th – “A Year to Crow About” 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
June 8th – Second Saturday BOM- Underground Railroad 11 a.m.
June 10th – Generals’ Wives BOM block is ready for pickup and you may stay to sew starting 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
June 19th – Jersey Gals Guild 10 a.m. until noon.
June 21 & 22- Trick or Treat Bus Quilt Shop Hop
June 24th – Holstein Day Club 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
June 25th – Holstein Night Club 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
June 28th – Last Friday of the Month “Toes in the Sand” BOM
From Everyone at the Quilted Cow Emporium
Gertie, Cindy, Beverly, Dee, and Dorrie.